For emerging tech companies, considering the federal marketing opportunity quickly leads to an overwhelming number of questions about where to start. Here are some wise words and insights from our friends at Dcode:
- Don’t do it alone: Without the expertise of those who have done it before, the government market looks daunting. That’s why many choose to work with government vendors and take advantage of their government connections in order to obtain subcontracting opportunities.
- Play the long game: Consistently building relationships within the government community is necessary to gain high-yielding opportunities. While this doesn’t mean you will meet a buyer from the get-go, having connections will lead you in the right direction and increase future opportunities.
- Don’t pass up a quick win: Take advantage of acquisition programs like the Small Business Innovation Research that give you a head start when it comes to securing government contracts.
Click here to read Dcode’s full article on how emerging tech companies can succeed in the federal market.
At the Public Spend Forum, we offer various solutions to help emerging tech companies put Dcode’s advice into action:
- Don’t do it alone: Our Tech Accelerator Program and GovMarket Growth Subscription ensure tech businesses have access to an ecosystem of experts and growth coaching.
- Play the long game: Our tech showcases and various events bring government buyers directly to the table, making relationship-building as easy as registering for an event.
- Don’t pass up a quick win: Our opportunity matching platform GovShop lets government buyers know which tech companies have received SBIR awards and other certifications.